Our new kitchen is around 3.05m x 2.7m – which is considered tiny to mid-size for apartments in Singapore.
We are thankful that we have an external dining area and living area, so the kitchen space will just be used for cooking preparations.
Our goals for the kitchen are:
– it has to be airy and bright
– it has to be functional for cooking and baking for ourselves, our future baby & cat, and guests
– it has to have enough storage for 4 sets of utensils
– it has to look neat and minimal
We are going for an L-shaped kitchen cabinet structure, with a KompacPlus kitchen top. From left, moving your eye from the window in the photo above, will be:
– the sink
– a work area
– our induction cooker, chimney hood & built-in oven
– more work area for possibly the microwave
– the fridge
There will be kitchen cabinets below and shallower top cabinets. We endeavor to fill up the cabinets to 80% and to store only what we need.
Meanwhile, here’s an IKEA kitchen design challenge video to share with you all:
What other efficient & minimalist kitchen tips do you have to share?
Quick update: Our interior designer has updated us that our wall-hacking permit has been approved for next week, so yay! Also, he will be sending us our 3D interior designs soon, so we’re really looking forward to that.